Richmond Hill – On May 7, 2013, MPP Reza Moridi hosted a post-budget forum, consulting with constituents and community stakeholders regarding the Ontario 2013 Budget – A Prosperous and Fair Ontario.
The Ontario 2013-14 budget reflects the needs of Ontarians and provides positive solutions to the challenges they face. Through consultations with the public, the Ontario government will continue to work closely with citizens to move forward together.
Attendees shared their thoughts regarding Ontario’s path forward as outlined in the 2013 Budget and expressed their support and view that the new government is on the right track.
“I was excited to meet and speak with Richmond Hill residents and community stakeholders earlier today,” said Reza Moridi, MPP, Richmond Hill, “We had a meaningful discussion about the 2013 budget and what it will mean to Ontarians. I was pleased to learn that my constituents support the budget and to have their input.”
The Ontario 2013-14 budget includes:
- Establishing a Youth Jobs Strategy of $295 million over two years to create jobs and mentorship opportunities for about 30,000 youth and promote entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Creating jobs through investments in infrastructure for public transit, roads, bridges, hospitals and schools;
- Reducing auto insurance rates by 15 per cent on average for nine million drivers;
- Helping 46,000 more people receive home and community care quickly and in the comfort of their own home;
- Providing tax relief to small businesses to create more jobs by increasing their Employer Health Tax exemption from $400,000 to $450,000 of payroll; and
- Taking steps to transform social assistance to help more recipients find jobs and improve their financial security.